Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Poetry Day

Another busy day, so I will post a poem I wrote for my niece's wedding in 2004.

The Beginning: Page One
May 2004 for Erica and Justin's Wedding

Today,
where we stand,
is not the culmination
of a romance
but the beginning
of a love story.

The end--unknown.
The pages--empty,
waiting for our mark.
We, the authors of all our tomorrows,
in this moment,
begin the first page.

What joys or sorrows
are only paragraphs away,
I know not.
But this I do know:

I love you
my friend,
my delight,
my companion.

And now--here--
I irrevocably join hands and hearts
with you.
We shall travel
line by line
together,
enduring whatever is to come,
for I have found a safe harbor.
You are now my home.

And from this moment until forever,
I shall have the holy blessing
to see you
through Heaven's eyes
and reflect His love,
Happily ever after.

2 comments:

Erin said...

You seriously have a gift. And not just of gab, but of words. I love your writing.

Betsy said...

Awww, you're a romantic too!