Saturday, May 31, 2008

Summer Love

I know. I've disappeared for a week. It happened partly because it's our first week of summer, and we have just been enjoying life without a schedule. True to my word, we have just been doing what we want to do when we want to do it. Mostly that means we have spent a lot of time poolside.

Have I mentioned that I heart our pool? I mean, like, true, unadulterated love? Because I do. It makes my kids happy, and that makes me happy. And usually there is no bickering in the pool. That makes me even more happy. And as things start getting really hot here in the Valley of the Sun (they weren't kidding with that name) I feel inclined to kneel down and kiss the very deck of the pool, except that it would burn my lips 'cause that's how hot it gets here, so I don't. Instead I sit in my lounge chair with my book and a cold Coke Zero and feel really happy. That's kind of like the same thing.

Logan asked yesterday why I always wear my swimming suit and never get in the pool. Silly girl. I don't need to actually swim in it to really, really love our pool.

15 comments:

mother of seven said...

I was slightly worried about you.... Does the pic of the pool have water in it?

We must sit and read and sip coke together!!!

Laurel said...

no water in the pool in that picture. It was taken right after it was finished. Since then I can not be bothered to take pictures of the pool as I am too busy sipping Coke Zero and reading. And I will do those two activities with you anytime. We are there nearly every afternoon.

Aubrey said...

So jealous of your pool. Like when I was little and we lived in Florida and, no kidding, ALL MY FRIENDS had pools, but not I. We were the poor Mormons living on Air Force pay. Oh wait, many friends in our ward had pools too. We were the poor suckers on Air Force pay, mooching off of everyone else's pools.

Rochelleht said...

I could never, ever ever have a pool. I'd be freaked out all the time. But that's just because of my choice in children. :-) I'm a pool moocher, like Aubrey.

Jennifer said...

Okay - I "heart" your pool too! That photo seals the deal. Now I know where I'm coming when it starts to get chilly here. Up for a fall visit?

Madame Queen said...

I'm glad you love yours, 'cause I really hated ours. Now I prefer to go to a pool that has someone else do all the maintenance!

Of course if my pool had looked like yours, I might have loved it more. That thing is gorgeous!

Laurel said...

I am so glad you are back and I wish I had a pool...so fun!

Shana said...

WOW! Now that is what I'm talking about. One day, I will have a beautiful pool just like that so I can get cooled off in the sticky heat over here in Oklahoma.
Since you are a Coke Zero fan like myself...have you ever tried the Coke zero with vanilla in it? I also enjoy Diet Coke with Lime. Really good stuff!
Enjoy your summer!
XOXO

Kate said...

Amen! I love having a pool too... an instant party anytime. My kids always complain that I never get in my swimsuit.. so this summer, you are one step ahead of me!

Kate said...

Amen! I love having a pool too... an instant party anytime. My kids always complain that I never get in my swimsuit.. so this summer, you are one step ahead of me!

Debbie said...

Water, books, swimming, drink of choice...all sounds like the perfect summer. Live it up!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Love the pool!!!
We are the pool in a box kinda people and my kids are going nuts for us to get it out. I think that a pool really does help in the things to do for summer arena. It makes not having too many things on your plate tolerable.
Enoy it!!!

Jen said...

umm, the pool is lovely but I certainly hope there's water in it while you are sitting poolside. Or else I'm gonna worry about what's IN that there Coke zero!!

Anonymous said...

Your pool is so great! I can see why you love it!

Kyle said...

I so wish I had a pool in my backyard! Your pool looks awesome!