Wednesday, May 7, 2008

He Got Me

"Hey, Babe? I've downloaded some of the pictures from the camp trip if you want to see them."

I was poolside watching the kids swim. "The kids aren't ready to come in yet. Can I see them later?"

"Sure. Whenever."

Whenever came a couple of hours later. Mr. Wicke wasn't home when I passed the computer and noticed the slideshow all ready to go. I clicked play and this popped up:



Maybe that should have scared me...Yes, I think that would have been an understandable reaction. I don't know what kind of snake that is, but it's awfully close to my baby boy. However, I surprised myself. I didn't even blink.

"Wow. That's a big snake," I observed and clicked on.

Looking back on it I've concluded one thing: I have immense trust in Mr. Wicke. If he is taking a picture of our boy two inches away from a mammoth snake, then I naturally assume it must be some sort of non-venomous show serpent. I don't question his judgement. When our kids are with him, I know they are okay. Period. Because if he is anything, he is a good man and a good father...and also a real trickster!

A few slides later this popped up:



Then this: (and yes, they actually saw this when driving out of the camp area. Isn't the desert great?!)



See what he did there? Clever, Thomas. Clever. And I fell for it! Hook, line, and sinker.

Man! I can't believe I trusted that guy!

14 comments:

Erin said...

Wow! He's pretty good with photoshop. I don't think I could've done that. And I would have freaked out and called him the second I saw the picture. Wish I were calm like you!

Rochelleht said...

That's awesome! I love photoshop. That is one freaky snake.

Kyle said...

I would have freaked out! Thomas has the best jokes in the world..where does he come up with this stuff?? Seriously, the spider monkey story is one of the funniest things I have EVER heard!

Elisa said...

I freaked out for you! I was all, he let her baby boy near that ghastly thing?? What WAS he thinking?

Whew. So glad that was fake & your man has a steller sense of humor!

mother of seven said...

Ya I gasped, then thought how great it was he had a camera on hand to photo this non-venomous snake.

But I stared harder... we have a book called GANG filled with snakes. That one did not look like a good one.

Thomas is funny.....

Lisa-Marie said...

HOLY MOLY!

Amanda said...

I immediately figured it was non-venomous but non-venomoun snakes bite too! I wish I had photoshop but that would be just one more thing causing me to ignore my kids. lol!

Shana said...

Yikes! Good guy or not...If I would have seen that picture, I would have freaked. It wasn't even my child and I was freaked out by seeing this at first.
But, Now that I think about it, my guy is a trickster as well, and after being with him for some time now, I pretty much don't take anything he does seriously.
:) XOXO

Madame Queen said...

I think I would have had a heart attack anyway, just for good measure!

Now you've got to figure out a good way to get him back! ;)

Ashlee said...

A classic trick from Mr. Wicke....

The Kriloff Klan said...

I seriously freaked out when I saw the first picture! You are a calm woman!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Did I miss the spider monkey story, repeat please??!

Yikes, you must have nerves of steel casue that freaked me out, even knowing it was a joke. I hate things that crawl or creep along.

EEEKKK!!!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Heart attack! I trust my hubby too, but that snake was too close for comfort...glad it was a fake!

Tara said...

Oh my goodness my stomach sank to my feet when I saw this picture. I thought it was a rattlesnake. Thomas IS good with photoshop! I def. would not have remained calm if that was Jacob!