Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Letter to My Employer

Dear Mr. Big Guy,

I'm fairly certain there has been a misunderstanding. When I applied for my job, I was under the impression that the majority of my work would be in a teaching capacity, but I now find that most of my duties involve waste management, to which the wet sheets this morning speak.

I was also under the impression that those under my management would be...well...more manageable. Most of the time they do not seem interested in achieving the outlined objectives. Again, I think there must be some kind of misunderstanding here because I am relatively sure that our four year old trainee has completed the potty portion of the training program so there should be no reason for him to inexplicably urinate on the carpet of his bedroom while dressing.

What I am getting at, sir, is that we are drowning in urine here, and I feel the situation is beyond the scope of my outlined job description, at least as I understand it. If I failed to read the small print carefully, which may have happened as I am distracted most of the time and am regularly functioning with only half of my brain, I would appreciate an updated adendum clearly stating how said situation can best be resolved. Your speed in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Despondantly Yours,
Mommy on Edge

16 comments:

Aubrey said...

Funny--my trainee who is FIVE-AND-A-HALF peed in her bed this morning. 5 in the morning. I let her dad handle most of it, since he was still home trying to leave for work, way less important than my sleeping.

Rochelleht said...

Oh you crack me up. Brilliance.

mother of seven said...

Laurel there is light at the end of a long tunnel....he will not have this problem in high school.
LOL

Shana said...

I have heard that boys tend to draw out the potty training thing longer than girls do. But-I don't have boys, so maybe this might be a good question to pose to my sister Tamara. She is an expert on boys you know?
Don't worry, it won't last forever, although I know it feels like it will some days.
Hang in there!

Melissa said...

Oh you are so clever. When your kids are grown, they are going to LOVE reading these priceless posts! Especially when they are dealing with their own children and their urine.

Britany said...

I love this!! Exactly how I feel when an "accident" happens. Maya replies, "It was just an accident mom. I will try, try again." How can I get mad??!! :)

Tara said...

Love it. Yesterday Savannah peed right in the middle of the hallway with anticipation of her bath. You are so funny and have such a great way of putting things.

Madame Queen said...

Bwahahaha! that is a really funny letter. I'm sure the situation itself is not that funny, though. Hang in there!

Jen said...

I would guess this falls under "Other duties as assigned by supervisor."

hate that "section"!!!

Amanda said...

That is too much! You'll look back at this one day and laugh. Hopefully, it's when Griffin is going through the potty training ordeal with his own little one. :)

Anonymous said...

How delightful to read your post today. I'm laughing so hard right now.

I'm right there with ya, I got thrown up on twice yesterday. Way too much bodily fluid to deal with. I feel like I'm running a part-time carpet cleaning service as well. ;)

Lauren said...

I totally hear ya on this one. Grace is still having issues with bed wetting. I've cut back on fluids and get her up in the night, but it's not working...AHHH.

Elisa said...

Dear Mommy on edge,
I received your letter dated May 21 and feel I should address some of your concerns.

It seems that we had a minor misunderstanding when you were hired for this job. That is unfortunate. You can now consider yourself updated with your new job description.

You will be required to do more training in the toilet arena with your employees, as some of them are still having issues. You also will be required to be puked on at various times, and be responsible to clean up all sorts of unmentionable messes. I am sorry if this does not fit into your realm of expectations, but seeing as how you have already been hired, we can not allow any sort of reassignment on your behalf.

Thank you again for bringing your concerns to my attention. I feel that this matter is now resolved. However, I am always open for discussion on pay raises.

Sincerely,
The Big Guy.

Jennifer said...

I hear you cluckin' big chicken! I feel like I'm up to my eyeballs in urine soaked sheets. I smell urine in my sleep! What the heck?

Sher said...

Ha Ha! This is too funny, and oh, so true!
I have two potty trainers! (It should be one, but my 4-yr-old is struggling)
Sherrie

Chester The Bear said...

I have the same problem with our puppy. We seem to have taught him that the appropriate place to urinate is on the carpet in the hall outside our bedroom.

But at least my puppy will never become a teenager.