Thursday, May 22, 2008

Things You Do Not Want To Hear

When your son comes in to wake you up in the morning and you ask, "Did you pee the bed?" And he answers, "Are you going to take away a toy?"

...Not the answer you were hoping for.

When you've been growing your hair out for what seems like eons and your hair dresser says, "You're almost there!" Meaning you are close to looking like you actually style your hair that way on purpose. Yeah, close, but no cigar.

...Not the response or look you were going for.

When you return from the three and a half hour 9:45 am hair appointment and your house looks like you haven't touched it because...well, you haven't, and the phone rings, and it's your mother in law who says, "Hi! I was just making sure you were expecting us today."

...Not the day to forget such important information.

When you're watching American Idol's season finale and Ryan Seacrest says, "And the new Am-ER-ican Idol...2008...is--" (silence)...Stupid DVR.

...Not the ending you were looking for after a very long day.

11 comments:

Erin said...

Tough day. I think you need to go get a massage!

Kyle said...

Oh man...my DVR quit at the same I was so mad!

The Kriloff Klan said...

Seriously!!! On the American Idol thing I was fumming! I had to log onto the computer & see who won on youtube! Common Fox! What was up with that! I watched for a whole season to find out who wins on youtube!??!?!

Good thing I have a great goodie basket to make up for it!!!

Rochelleht said...

Good thing it's a long weekend... :-)

mother of seven said...

Ok my friend. Pedicures you and me.... Pronto

Aubrey said...

Oh how rotten! I can't decided which one is worse.
I do know that you and Kyle and the Kriloffs aren't the only ones whose DVR's stopped right then. That so sucks. DVR's everywhere must have united in the cause to make you all suffer acutely.
Go do the massage AND pedicure. And for the record, your hair looks cute to me in all the pictures I see. Or, you're so cute, we don't notice the hair as much.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I think this is the time that we all really wonder what we were thinking when we had kids. These are the little things that no one ever really tells you and it is that little twinkle in your mother's eye. I just hang on knowing that my day is coming. Years from now, when the "Drama Queen" calls to say, Mom you will never guess what little jimmy did? That is the time that I will laugh cause I will remember being there and also remember when she did the same thing. It all comes around and we just have to hang in there long enough and we will see it. Maybe..........

Amanda said...

You're hair always looks cute. Always. I have never once seen you sporting a "bad hair day". So sorry - not buying it. :)

Shana said...

I know, I hate that when the DVR cuts out early if the program goes a little over the regular time. UGH!

I didn't know you were growing out your hair? I haven't seen you since last summer huh? I need to see a picture of you. Post a recent one of you and your kiddos soon okay?
I'm sure it looks great, even though you may not feel it does some days. You always look great!

Yah, that is always nice when in-laws drop in unexpectedly or even some time expectedly. :)
Good luck with that!
Happy Memorial Day weekend!

Ashlee said...

Tough call which thing was the worst part...on the upside, you had another funny thing to laugh at! Or at least we had something to laugh about....

Betsy said...

Oh, the pain, the agony! What a lousy time for the DVR to crap out, especially sice it was such a great result.