Friday, May 2, 2008

I Always Knew Men and Women Were Different, but I'm Still Always Surprised.

Griffin at the 2007 father and son camp out.

Tonight is girl's night out around here. Since Mr. Wicke and Griffin will be away on the father/son camp out, Logan and I are going to spend the afternoon and evening doing whatever she wants to do. So far that includes buying a watch so that "she can tell the time," but mostly it is because her friend Emily just got one. After that I think we'll get our toes and nails painted, go out to eat wherever Logan wants, and see a movie. Whatever we do, it's got to be good because she is a little put out that she can not go camping, too. She and I actually like camping, just not the way the boys do it.

I told her not to be envious because Mr. Wicke's idea of a "father/son camp out" is sleeping in the car and eating beans out of a can. Wanting my son to have a "real experience" I tried to convince him he needed a tent.

"Griff, wouldn't you rather sleep in a tent this year?" I asked over breakfast, eyeing Mr. Wicke mischievously. "Wouldn't it be fun to sleep in a tent?" Sometimes I love torturing Mr. Wicke.

With big happy eyes Griffin responded, "I want to pretend the car IS our tent!"

Mr. Wicke's face broke into a huge smile.

And as far as the food goes, it turns out Griffin only has one request. This morning Mr. Wicke asked, "Hey, Griff. What do you want to eat at our camp out?"

"We only eat marshmallows. Remember? Marshmallows and a FIRE!"

And that is why we are having girl's night. Because eating marshmallows until I'm sick, sleeping in a car, and coming home totally filthy is not my idea of good time, but I'll guarantee my son will be over the moon. Have fun, boys! Logan and I will be home, totally content being girly.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

We also have father and sons campout tonight and I think Avery has 25 things planned to do in one evening and about that many friends invited. I really love this night and as she gets older it only gets more fun so enjoy girls are so great!

Kyle said...

The only thing Sammy requested for tonight was to have a FANCY dinner...I ask her whats for dinner and she said "I don't know maybe spaghetti but lets make it FANCY" So we are dressing up and having a fancy dinner with banana splits for dessert (with FANCY toppings!) Should be fun!

Rochelleht said...

Ours is next weekend. Greg with my two boys in a tent should be INTERESTING!

Madame Queen said...

It sounds like fun to me. Except for the sleeping in the car part and the marshmallows. I can only eat one marshmallow before I get the sugar heebie jeebies.

The girls night sounds like way more fun, though!

mother of seven said...

We missed you tonight..... We had a nice dinner at Paradise and went to the movies. I only got 2 texts from my kids and one call fram my hubby. All in all, a great time:)

I hope your evening was FABULOUS!!!!!!

The Kriloff Klan said...

Hope you had a great GNO! Ours was fun too!

Megan B said...

I love it! John is totally over the moon because he FINALLY gets to take Jackson to the Father's and Sons camp out in the ward. Oh so fun.