Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wyoming Fun

It's not a big place, as you saw from yesterday, and I think some of you may be giving it a little more than its due. It is not a quaint town, more down home country than that, but there are some good things to do. Nearly everyone plays, cheers for, or attends high school sports, but beyond that a mere visitor can:

Go see the wild mustangs that live nearby:





Check out Devil's Canyon at the overlook:





You can even swim in the lake, Horseshoe Bend. I prefer boating, but as we were without a boat, swimming had to do:




My niece and nephew joined us, and he was kind enough to let the kids douse him in mud. I love 14 year old boys!

Then there's alway hiking in the sand hills:





And if you're there on the Saturday nearest July 24th, you can participate in Pioneer Day. (And Utah thought they had the market on that holiday. Hah!) Even the kids get into the action in the Kiddie Parade. I think Logan thought it was a race. Look, she's "winning":



Griff even got to pet a live animal. Yes, it was in the Kiddie Parade, too.



And for their trouble they got a golden dollar and an otter pop. C'mon people! What more could you ask?

4 comments:

Madame Queen said...

I still think that looks like an idyllic place. Maybe not to grow up in (I came from a small town, too), but definitely to visit! It makes me so happy to know that there are still places where wild horses run free. Hmmm. That last sentence sounded like some kind of cheesy lyric from a 70s song!! HAH!

Best of the Bunch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa said...

I thinks your town looks delightful. Anything looks better than mesa in the summer though.

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.