Sunday, August 12, 2007

Suddenly I'm Raising Rocky

For a long time I have been convinced that I am raising a monkey. Griffin is only really content if he is climbing or hanging on something. I thought that was bad enough, especially at times such as when we were at China Panda one afternoon, and I heard, "Hey, Mom! Look at me!" I turned around to see him doing a handstand with his feet on the drink station. That is not only embarrassing but also rather socially unacceptable unless you are a baboon, of course. But it is something that I have grown accustomed to and at least know how to handle.

Tonight I would happily settle for the monkey business. You see, today at church we convinced Griffin to go to his Primary class, no small feat may I add. When he went in and finally sat quietly, I was thrilled. That didn't last long, however, because later it was reported to me that by the end of opening exercises he had fallen asleep, and when his teacher began to lift him to carry him out, he came to swinging. As I heard it he connected with her face about four times. Luckily my girlfriend is the Primary President, and she pulled him off. I guess that's when he came to his senses and settled down.

Mr. Wicke made him apologize to his teacher, of course, but I think I'm going to have to make her family cookies this week. I am mortified! Sadly, my friend told me that when she asked the teacher if she was okay she said, "Oh that was nothing compared to being bit last year. That drew blood." Maybe she needs more than cookies...

If anyone in Heaven is reading this blog, I pray right now that I will never be called as the Sunbeam teacher. I have no doubt that I have neither the paitence or fortitude. She needs a medal...and the cookies...and a lot of chocolate!

3 comments:

Madame Queen said...

Every day I thank my lucky stars that I'm not a preschool or daycare teacher. Those women have the patience of a saint -- something I clearly don't have!

A couple of weeks ago my husband was in the bathroom with Bubba and combing his hair and Bubba said "I hope the comb doesnt' fall into the damn trashcan." THUNK. That was our jaws hitting the floor. We had to have the "talk" about how that's a bad word and we don't say it -- and no, we don't mean trashcan. The OTHER word.

Melissa said...

Shucks! I saw Griffin go to class yesterday... I though it was going to be a good day for you. (It's kinda funny though) Hee hee.

Debbie said...

OH shoot! I didn't see that!
Poor Shauna! I left and she had to take kennedy kicking and screaming...not a good day for her!!
Maybe I'll take her cookies to..:)
DEBBIE