Saturday, August 11, 2007

My New Boss


It's interesting the things I am finding out about Griffin now that we are alone together most of the day. First, he is a real talker! I guess Logan was a buffer in this area. Maybe he did a lot of his talking to her, but without her my ears hurt. It is non-stop all day long.

Second, he is a crazy back seat driver. Great! Talkative and bossy. A terrific combination. Take tonight for instance.

Griff: Mom you passed a red light. Mom! You passed a red light! Mom! Mom! You passed a red light.

Me: No I didn't.

Griff: You passed a red light.

Me: Griff, I can turn right on a red light. I just can't go through a red light.

Griff: You went through it.

Me: No, I didn't.

Griff: Hmmm...Go faster, Mom. Faster, Mom!!

Me: I can't.

Griff: It's going to take too long to get home. Go faster!

And on, and on, and on...

This shouldn't drive me as nuts as it does. I'm learning things about myself, too. Like I don't like to be told what to do...even by a four year old. It's a good thing he is a good helper and that he'll kill bugs for me. I suppose it's a tradeoff I'm willing to make.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

TO funny!
Aleck does the same thing while driving..He always tells me when I go thru a yellow light..Mom! That was caution! Go slow!!
:)
DEBBIE

Megan B said...

Aahhh the challenge of raising children so like ourselves! The mother curse ("I hope you have one JUST like YOU!")...been around for decades and isn't going anywhere! Good luck with that one. We miss you around here and are grateful you stopped for a visit.

Cynthia said...

Hey, thanks for the post on my blog, that's how I found you. I am trying to get used to being bossed around by a two year old. They are cute, but you sure know when they don't like your work!

Madame Queen said...

I feel your pain on the talk your ears off thing. My Bubba just talks all the time. And it's usually completely random stuff that seems to come out of nowhere! And it's kind of weird being back to one kid, isn't it. My dad had Bubba most of the day and it was strange having just one child in the house.