Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Shhh...It's a Secret

Did you know that Disneyland has a secret? It's a little private restaurant called Club 33. You wouldn't even know it was there if you weren't looking for it. The only outside marker is a small 33 sign outside its door in New Orleans Square.


It was conceived as a private club for the 33 original investors in Disneyland, but as club members have died, their memberships have been sold or given to others.

We only found out about Club 33 when Thomas worked for a company in So. Cal. whose owner had purchased one of the memberships. Through his connection we were able to get in, and believe me it is mind blowing! Really. Gorgeous interior, amazing gourmet food--a real experience, I tell ya. (Here are some pictures I tried to take as discreetly as possible.)






When we went a month ago, we were able to get in again for lunch. After thoroughly enjoying their cold salad/fruit/and seafood buffet, the kids chose steak and chicken fingers off the kid's menu, Thomas enjoyed a delicious cordon bleu, and I dined on a thick New York steak, with mashed potatoes, baby carrots, and wilted spinach. After that how could we even think about the tempting array of delights from the dessert bar? Well, we managed.




Now as to how to get in without a connection? Sorry. That's the secret I don't know.

10 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I need a connection!!!! I love Disneyland, and this looks fantastic. Next time we go, I will have to look for the 33. Thanks for sharing.
PS~ It would be interesting to know what people have paid for a membership;)

lletrad said...

You have the cutest little family!
How fun that you're able to be an 'insider' at Disneyland. One of many dreams come true at that place. :)

mother of seven said...

Frank loves Disneyland I can not wait to show him this!!!!

I want in!!!

Stephanie said...

how cute are you laurel??! love your hair and the fam is adorable!

Kyle said...

I heard about this several years ago and have wanted to get in...somehow! I am so jealous!

Jessie said...

Lucky!! I have been DYING to go there for years. My husband and I spent our first year of marriage with Disneyland Annual Passes (even though we live in Utah) and went monthly. You could say we're a bit Disney obsessed.

Rochelleht said...

How stinkin' cute are YOU GUYS!!? That baby is getting some pretty good genes...

Debbie said...

OOOOOOOH... So interesting!
That looks like fun!

Katie said...

I love club 33. I had my 16th birthday party there. How fun is that? I always thought the bathrooms were one of the coolest parts, that and the elevator!

Pam said...

I've known about that place for quite a while and have always wanted to go there. But alas, I have no connections. I'll live vicariously.