Tuesday, October 21, 2008

On Prayer

Praying together as a family is a gift. Not only for the spiritual benefit, but so that a brother can hear his sister say this to God:

"...And thank you that we could celebrate Griffin's birthday, and that he could come to our family. We love him so."

Yes, such a heartfelt prayer, said aloud for all to hear, does much to bring a spirit of harmony and unity to our home. It is the best antidote I know for the normal bickering and teasing between siblings. Thank you, Father, for commanding us to pray.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful!! :)

Rochelleht said...

From the mouths of babes! At Stake Conference this weekend, our President said, "I feel like every time I leave the temple, I take a chunk of it with me and it stays with me for days." Jane turned to me and said, "Mom, I felt that way when I left the temple after Derick was sealed to us."

Made my week!