Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Smile

This morning I woke up to hear Griffin say, "Daddy, can I snuggle with you?" It wasn't long before Logan was up and dressing for school. I rolled onto my tummy thinking about the day ahead, but I couldn't help but notice the hardness of the bump in my abdomen. It has just recently begun to feel like I'm lying on a small Nerf ball. I find this changing body incredibly fascinating. The first flutter was so insignificant that it didn't even register. My thoughts were on hair and breakfast, but the second one was more noticable. "Was that a muscle spasm?" I questioned. Then immediately I felt it again. A light little knock on my tummy. And I smiled.

*********************************************************

As we watched the last session of our church's world wide General Conference, Logan came in and sat on her daddy's lap. She watched as I took notes, jotting down impressions and specific points to contemplate later. Then she asked, "What are you writing?"

"Oh, things that I think are important from the talks. Things I want to remember."

Before I knew it she was gone and back again with her own notebook and pencil. During the next three talks, she listened intently and chose four sentences to carefully copy into her book. After conference ended and she was off playing again with her brother, I took a peek inside. Here is what my almost 7 year old wrote:

"The Book of Mormon is the word of God. Sometimes the best things are not easy. If you are prepared you shall not fear. There is nothing the Lord cannot do."

And I smiled.

11 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

This is so sweet. What a good girl you have there. All the things she wrote down are all the simple things to life that we forget.
Conference was so wonderful. I learned so much. Hopefully, I can remember the simple things as well.

Lauren said...

Thanks for making ME smile, too. I love those moments of pregnancy when you feel those flutters. So awesome! Great that Logan remembered those things about conference. We should do Cafe Rio sometime soon. I've never been to the one here in AZ! Call me!

Madame Queen said...

We should all write those down and carry them with us every day.

Sher said...

Both of those stories are so touching and precious. I missed watching conference with my family this time, cuz I was driving back from St. George.
You are obviously setting a wonderful example for your kids.

Laurel said...

Thanks for sharing. What sweet memories.

Lisa-Marie said...

What very tender moments. These are our treasures, aren't they?

I'm so thrilled that Baby BOY (!) is doing so well, as is mommy. I truly think of you every time I see a pregnant lady and I am just happy for you!

Shana said...

Three things about your entry today make me smile! (Also choke up a little, but I blame that on my hormones. Because of my monthly unwanted friend visiting I find myself crying over everything this week.) :)
1)Thinking about the expression on your face when you felt your baby move inside you for the very first time. IT'S AMAZING RIGHT?
2)Thinking about snuggling up as a family in bed. I LOVE moments like that. When you just slow down and the world around you seems to stop for a moment and you just be.
3)Thinking of your little Logan writing down those simple and true principles of our faith. How sweet she is to do that!What a great role model you are for her!

Thanks for the smiles! It did my heart good today.

Love you.

Rochelleht said...

LOVE that!! I was also amazed at how great Jane's notes were. Big spirits in little bodies.

Debbie said...

awww thats awesome! You've been waiting a long time to feel that little flutter!

Debbie said...

Powerful!

mother of seven said...

These are the times when you know YOU and THOMAS are doing a great job!!!!


Raising kids is work....but more joy than one will ever know.