Friday, March 28, 2008

A Happiness Post: Giving and Getting Happy

You know I am fascinated by happiness. It truly is the one thing you absolutely can not have too much of. I'm interested in how to get happy, how to stay happy, and how to make others happy. And I just read about a scientific study that proves one sure way to get happy. Give. That's right. Just like Jesus taught ever so long ago. If you want to find your life, lose it in the service of others. I just love it when science proves religiosity!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ha! I've said for years that science will one day prove God and that God is the Master Scientist.

One thing about being happy that Paul and I have always agreed on is that one cannot be truly happy unless one is truly grateful. :D

Elisa said...

LOVE this post! I so totally agree. The best cure for sadness is to get your butt in gear and do something for someone else! Ditto what Amanda said too... thats why I have a gratitude journal!