Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Up Too Early

This morning I did something that I NEVER do. I got up before the sun. Why? Don't know. But it was 4:30 am, and I was wide awake. I tried to go back to sleep for at least an hour, but no use. So I got dressed, grabbed the camera, and went for a walk about town. I had been wanting to snap some pictures of my hometown anyway.

It was cool and pleasant, and seeing the sun rise was a new and beautiful experience. For a minute it made me want to be an early riser and someone who eats granola, yogurt, and grapefruit for breakfast. But now I'm tired, and it's too late to go back to bed, and I have to drive 9 hours to Utah, and I'm thinking that early mornings aren't really what they're cracked up to be.

Maybe just a little nap.

5 comments:

Madame Queen said...

Hi! Thanks for checking out my blog! I have really been enjoying yours as well. I know what you mean about those early hours -- my daughter has always been an early riser, much to my chagrin! :)
Have a safe trip home!

Best of the Bunch said...

Yay! We are so excited that you are coming here. yeehaw!!! And I can't wait to see your pics on the town...

Melissa said...

Oh come on Laurel. You liked the crack of dawn, just a little bit- right? I can't wait until everyone comes home!! It's lonely!

Kate said...

I love early mornings (that is when it is my choice to get up..) especially in the fall- I love the cool crisp air.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

Im with you. Mornings are no good. Dont listen to Melissa... :)