Thursday, July 12, 2007

37 Reasons I Love Him

Yesterday was my main man's birthday, and while we've been inundated with celebrations and lots of people, we've been so busy that I haven't been able to do anything really meaningful, so here is my attempt: A list of 37 things I love about you, babe, for all the world to know.

1. I love that you are genuinely kind.
2. I love when you catch me off guard and make me laugh really hard.
3. I love that you are intellectually curious.
4. I love that we talk about interesting things that make me think.
5. I love that you are trustworthy.
6. No one follows through with an idea like you do. I love your diligence.
7. I love that you love the symphony.
8. I love that you can still lift a lot of weight.
9. And thus, you can carry me up the stairs and put me to bed when I fall asleep on the couch.
10. I love that you are more patient with the children than I am.
11. I love how they love you!
12. I love that there is nothing metrosexual about you at all. You are all man.
13. I love that I care about your opinion more than anyone else's. (Except when it comes to clothes. That's when a metrosexual would come in handy.)
14. I love that you love God and honor Him.
15. I love how your testimony influences me and our family.
16. I love that you make my plane reservations for me.
17. I love how you like to surprise me.
18. I love that you write amazing love letters (to me, of course.)
19. I love that you make mint chocolate chip shakes for me almost every night. (We might have to watch that for a while...)
20. I cherish your support in all I do. You truly give me wings to fly. Thank you!
21. I trust you more than anyone I know.
22. I love watching you teach. You always inspire me.
23. I love that you let me put my cold feet on you at night.
24. Thank you for cleaning the shower so I don't have to.
25. You make me feel safe.
26. I love that you are a grown up man who is willing to take on those responsibilities. The world is too full of guys.
27. Thank you for providing a beautiful home.
28. Thank you for working so hard so I can stay home with our kids.
29. And then thank you for giving me time away when I need it.
30. I love that you still have a thing for me. It gives me a little giddy-up in my get along.
31. I love that we are equally yoked.
32. Thank you for helping me repaint the entry even though inside I know you dreaded it.
33. Thank you for always being pleasant and even tempered.
34. I love that we are still a little competitive when it comes to air hockey or any other game known to mankind. You are my favorite playmate.
35. I love knowing and being known by someone so well.
36. Let's face it...you still look really good in a swimsuit!
37. Most of all, after 14 years together, I love that I still look forward to a lifetime with you.

Thomas, your life is a blessing to me. Happy Birthday. I love you.

Author's Note: If you are reading this and thinking about ever getting married, please read my thoughts on Mr. Right!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

What can I say... AAHHHHHHHH!

Kate said...

That is sooo...cute- I have to say that Thomas is one of the most genuine people I have ever met... you two are a great team! Keep up the good work.

Amber said...

How lucky you both are! All those great things you say about him are true for you as well.

Thomas said...

OK, OK... I don't know exactly why I need to comment on here, but I've been instructed that it is rude not to respond (even though I commented in person to the author on the day this wonderful, kind and too effluent entry was written). So here is my "comment": I can only claim to be any of these things because you bring them out in me. These are evidences of your touch... thank you!