Thursday, July 19, 2007

Letters Home II

Dear Mr. Wicke,

I am glad to be in my mother's home. It's wonderful to see our children making friends with their cousins, aunts, and uncles, who are still are the funniest people in the world to me. But I find that it is not my home anymore. My home is with you, wherever you are and wherever you go. I miss you.

Today we are going to see Jamie's new house. Then Tamara, Shanna, and I will take the kids swimming at Lori and Joe's. Our children miss their swimming pool. Last night we walked to the park where the kids ran and played until the mosquitos chased us home again. The sun goes to bed so late here that our little ones are far off their schedule. When we returned from the park it was well after 9:30, and then they were hungry so we had peanut butter and jelly close to 10:00 at night. Strange I know.

Mom and I are awaiting the arrival of Ken, Curt, and their families tonight. Of course most of the preparation revolves around food. We made a plan this morning, although she laughed at my shopping list. "Mangos and ginger root? Have you forgotten we're in Cowley?" True enough, I may be reaching a bit.

All of this would be much better with you here, my love. Before I close, Logan would like to say that she missed you and loves you, and Griffin says that he loves you SO. He has said close to 38 times that he wants to go home. You see, his home is with you too.

Our hearts are yours always,
Your Mrs.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I feel so included in your love life...cute! What's best about the Pioneer comment is that she thought to call you that, I can think of a dozen other names my kids would have come up with catching me, "with my pants down." I want to know if you picked up an extra child just to enjoy the journey with you, as you said you brought 3 children, or if thats a typo??? If you just deceided to bring an extra, you do classify as Pioneer. Enjoy your trip. I am looking forward to the tales of driving home!

Thomas said...

Laurel,
I can make it through the day by keeping busy and pretendting that you are out with the children at the water park or shopping or seeing a movie... and then it is night and it is far to quiet. Home, although I am here, is not home without my 3 angels. Thanks for keeping me close with the daily account. Love you!

Melissa said...

OOOOOOHHHHH SO SWEET!