Sunday, July 8, 2007

Pretty Words

Logan loves new words. Once she asked what the orange cones in the road were called.

"Cones," was my quick and obvious reply.

"No, the pretty word for them."

"Uh, pylons?"

"Yeah...py-lons." In her mouth it was all stretched out and syrupy. Delicious to the taste.

She likes to try new ones out now and then. Her favorites this weekend:

1. village, as in--"Oh, is our hotel in the next village?" Just for the record, Show Low, AZ is not really well described by the word village, nor do I use that phrase often.

2. testify, as in her prayer tonight--"Thankful that we could go to church and testify of Jesus." No we haven't turned pentacostal either.

I don't know where she comes up with these little phrases, but I appreciate her intellectual curiosity and her love of language, and mostly I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

No comments: