Friday, February 5, 2010

Ladies Who Lunch

"Mom.  You should come and eat lunch with me at school because a lot of other kids' moms have come and had lunch with them."

"Okay.  Of course I will."

"You will?!"  Somehow she had forgotten the three other times I have come for lunch at school.

"Sure.  I'd love to have lunch with you."

"Okay, but be prepared to be crowded because the kids in my class really like you.  Since that day you took our pictures they think you are really nice.  They've said so."

I just soaked it in because I am sure there will come a day, in the not so distant future, when she will not want me to eat lunch with her and her friends.  But today is not that day.  And I am happy.

4 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Awww, mom at lunch...I remember those days. It ends about 4th grade! Now my kids say, mom will you bring me Wendy's or Cafe' Rio for lunch...I'll meet you by the office. Than just like that...they grab their lunch, and I walk slowly out the doors. Enjoy it!!!!!!

Rochelleht said...

I had lunch with Grace yesterday. I'm still pretty cool at the school, too.

Stacey said...

Enjoy it!! As with Kristy mine ask me to being lunch to them..."but leave it at the office and I will pick ut up, please"....

Anonymous said...

I love your daughter. She makes me smile when you post about her. She is lucky to have a mom like you! Of course everyone loves you!