Thursday, June 11, 2009

That Pain in my Neck

Thanks for the inquiries regarding my back situation. The official word is that I herniated a disk in my lower neck. (I believe it was between the c5 and c6 vertebrae) The pain in my shoulder and arm is coming from a pinched nerve. The good news is that it will heal. The bad news is that it will take 3-6 months.

However, I am already on the road to recovery. How do I know? Because that constant, radiating, horrid pain is vastly better. I have to be careful not to overdo because then I pay for it a bit, but otherwise I am doing very well. Off all the pain meds now, which is indicative in and of itself.

I have to give a lot of the credit to my brother-in-law, Doug, who is a physical therapist and did some kind of voodoo that he do so well on our trip to the lake. I came home feeling miraculously healed, but in addition to the magic he performed, he gave me some exercises to do, which I know have been helping.

Now, thanks to you, Mr. Magic Hands, when I refer to the pain in my neck, I'll only be referring to my children. Just kidding.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Good to hear!! now take it easy for the summer...ya, right!! You are a mom and busy!! Hope it continues to heal!

Rochelleht said...

YEAH! I'm so glad you know what it is and that you are feeling better!

What a pain in the neck!

Ha, I kill me...

Candace said...

We totally feel for you and hope for continual recovery. Paul had 2 annular tears in 2 of his disks last year and ended up going to the ER. Let us know if you need any advice! We bought a new bed because of it! Love, Cousin Candace

Audrey said...

So glad you are on the mends!