Sunday, November 18, 2007

My Gratitude List



My first blogging award! Very kind of Madame Queen, don't ya' think? I'll be passing it on in the next few days. But until then...

It seems appropriate this week to jot down some of the things for which I am grateful. I will post just a few items per day until Thanksgiving in honor of the holiday, and besides I am too busy cleaning and cooking to be much more creative than that. So here goes...don't pay attention to the order. They'd all be number one if it were possible.

1. My good spouse who has hung in there with me through thick and thin and somehow found a way to love me the entire way. He is my safe harbor and gives me wings to fly. His pure intent, kindness, and curious mind inspire me.

2. A set of parents who don't know how to be anything but good, honest, and decent. They gave me a Normal Rockwell childhood and a steady diet of unconditional love. I will be forever grateful.

3. A native faith in my Savior Jesus Christ gives meaning, purpose and direction to my life. Any goodness I enjoy flows directly from Him.

4. Baths. I wish I could give whoever invented the tub and indoor plumbing a giant kiss. And I don't care if I live in Arizona. I like my baths hot, hot, hot.

5. Amazing friends who make me better, who brighten my days, and lighten my load. If laughter is the best medicine, and I believe it is, I am well-immunized.

6. A body that is healthy and responsive. I am sorry for those years where I was dissatisfied and looked only to see imperfection in this loyal companion. It has taken me where I've wanted to go and never put up a fuss.

to be continued...and I've saved some good ones for tomorrow!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the gratitude list. I might have to follow suit. Love it.

Rochelleht said...

I love that! We are so blessed, aren't we? It's an amazing life that we have in this century with the gospel. And I agree, isn't it amazing that we can make such a good marriage choice so young? I guess that's what the Spirit is for. Thank heavens my choice was so great. Obviously, your's was too. Who wouldn't love a man who sets you up in a hotel for the night to 'float'?! Yea you!!

Madame Queen said...

Sometimes it's really good for me to list all the things I'm grateful for. It helps keep me grounded and makes me really stop and think.

Chris said...

I am grateful that Laurel will be making her peanut butter pie to (further) fatten up her friend Chris!