Tuesday, November 27, 2007

How I Know I'm Getting Older

Warning: Grossly honest material ahead. Not intended for the faint of heart.

1. I've grown a small but disturbing cyst on my nose. If you know me, please don't look at it. Or don't let me catch you looking at it.

2. I've grown a not so small and more disturbing mole on my left forearm. I know it is noticeable because a 3 year old who does not belong to me was rubbing it the other day.

3. Parts of my body just "go out" for no reason at all and refuse to take me with them. Particularly my neck and hip.

4. I now have to trim my eyebrows and my nose hairs religiously.

5. And if I did not remove the blond but thick hair on my upper lip, I am sure I could grow a fu-man-shu...but apparently I can not spell it.

6. But here's how I really know I'm getting old:

Logan: (looking in the mirror while I am getting ready in the morning.) I'm lucky. I have pretty youngish skin. (Then looking up at me and pausing for just for a moment before saying...) Yours is kind of oldish.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

and what was YOUR response??? ahhh kids....mine said to me "You're not old...just your skin" (thanks buddy!)

Lisa-Marie said...

Laughing laughing laughing.

And beginning to relate too. I have the same issue with my upper lip!

Rochelleht said...

HA HA HA HA!!! Too funny. I so get the moles thing. I've had many children that do not belong to me notice my moles. I have oldish skin, too. AND thick skin.

Amanda said...

My hubby always says, "When you want an honest opinion, either ask the elderly because they don't care or ask the young, because they're are uninhibited".

Funny how MY face did not show one sign - NOT ONE SIGN - of aging until after I had London. Hmm...funny how that works!

Madame Queen said...

Aghhhh, dying inside! I have the upper lip hair issue, too, except mine is dark. Yay me!