Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gratitude Continued...Again

“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”--William Arthur Ward

12. The last 8 years we spent in Irvine, CA. I grew a lot there and came away with profound relationships that continue to bless and shape me. Truly, I felt we were guided to that good place, and it was a great gift.

13. All good food. Some may eat to live, but I've never understood it.

14. Modern technology that makes life so convenient. I can't comprehend the sheer difficulty of my grandmother's existence.

15. Education. I love learning! If there is a fountain of youth, life-long learning is probably it.

16. My creative nature. I love all things that spark the imagination.

17. That said, I appreciate more than ever those people who possess a totally different skill set because they can do all the stuff I'd be miserable at. Here here to all the accountants, mathematicians, and scientists of the world. I need you!

2 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Ha ha ha! DItto on the math. Another reason I love my dh. He has two degrees in engineering. I barely made it through the remedial math of Rick's College. Maybe my kids will have a fighting chance in life's genetic lottery.

Amanda said...

What a great list! More people need to think about and write out what they are thankful for - me included.

And, eating to live! Who does that? People do that?