Thursday, November 8, 2007

Fat Thursday, and I Can't Wait!

I'm loosening my belt girls, cause I'm eating today!!! Melissa and I are teaching a cooking class. She's making her yummy cinnamon rolls, and I'm making pies. My mouth is watering just thinking about all the taste testing. In preparation, I tried a couple of new recipes and this one's a winner! And I'm not even kidding when I say you should make this today. It's flat out delicious. And if not today, then for sure on Thanksgiving. You won't regret it. No, really.

Adrienne’s Fruit Pie

2 9-inch unbaked pie crust (double crust pie)
4-5 tart apples, peeled and sliced
1 can blueberry pie filling
1 C sugar
1 T flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
butter

In a small bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Line pie tin with bottom pastry. Brush pastry with butter. Fill with half the apple slices, then 1/3 of sugar mixture, then half of the pie filling. Repeat. End with the last of the sugar mixture and top with small chunks butter. Finish with top pastry. Cover the edges with tinfoil or a pie shield. Cook at 425 degrees F. for 20 minutes. Turn down heat to 375 degrees F. Remove tinfoil or shield and cook for another 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

She's not kidding. I just had a bite (or 2 or 3 or 4) and it is SOOOO GOOOOD! I am totally making this for Thanksgiving!

Lauren said...

um...can i pretty please come over? I love food. LOVE IT. And that pie looks scrumptious!

Madame Queen said...

Yummmmmy. Have I told you that Bubba actually wants me to make a pie from the little pie pumpkin he brought home from the pumpkin patch? I wouldn't even know WHERE to begin!

Wish I could take your class.....

Amanda said...

Mmmmm...pie! I haven't baked a pie in years. I think I'll try this one though. :)