Monday, November 19, 2007

Gratitude Continued

"The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving."--H. U. Westermayer

Following their tradition, I continue the list of all the good things in my life:

7. My two amazing, beautiful, strong-willed, and smart kids who are the biggest miracles to ever happen to me!

8. Two incredible birthmoms and birthfamilies who love those kids, too.

9. A break in the hot weather. Fall at last is coming to Arizona, and the temperatures are supposed to drop into the 70's. Thank you!

10. All things related to sleep. The more people I meet who struggle with insomnia, the more grateful I am that I can fall asleep almost on cue. The thought of tossing and turning strikes fear into my soul.

11. My six siblings who are some of my favorite people in the world. I'm glad we're related. They make me proud, and they make me laugh, really hard.

More gratitude coming tomorrow.

7 comments:

Madame Queen said...

I'm with you on #10 (I think it was 10). I love sleep, too, and the occasional bout of insomnia I have makes me feel very sorry for those who struggle with it all the time!

Still loving the list!

Rochelleht said...

Just a nice comprehensive list! I think it's important to recognize ALL the amazing things in our lives. We are so blessed, aren't we!!? Thanks for the reminders.

Melissa said...

Insomnia stinks and you guys should be grateful. I am grateful I only have it about 3 days a month. I am also grateful for a little pill called "Ambien".

Lauren said...

Nice list! I have 5 siblings and I thank God every chance I get for them. Nothing better than having a wonderful family.

Megan B said...

Well I AM SOOOOOO grateful for YOU and miss you so...I miss our amazing conversations, the laughter, the speed scrabble, you loving my cookies, me loving everything you make, your inspiration in just about everything..., you singing at my beck and call, you re-decorating at a whim and letting us laugh with you when "Safari"(Or what was it?) comes to mind, shopping with you and staying AWAY from the kids' section, and my all time favorite...just listening to your stories about ANYTHING! Thanks for you!

Lisa-Marie said...

What a blessing all our blessings are. (a little redundant, BUT very true!)I look forward to your lost tomorrow.

Lisa-Marie said...

list. I meant list. I don't ever look forward to you being lost! Please stick around!