Friday, October 5, 2007

You're It!

Melissa tagged me! And it's a good thing because I don't have the time to write something brilliant, witty, or obnoxiously opinionated. I'm sure you're disappointed.

So here goes my list:

5 Things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. Working with and monitoring the academic progress of at risk highschool kids. Most of them were Arapahoe Indian living on the Wind River Indian Reservation in Wyoming.
2. Remodeling our first home which had been built in 1908. We were young and dumb.
3. Working on our young marriage.
4. Doing the occasional play/musical.
5. Trying to grow up.

5 Things on my To-Do List Today:
1. Go to lunch with girls.
2. Go on a date with Mr. Wicke.
3. Find a couch for my brother-in-law.
4. Fold my laundry that is in the dryer.
5. Till the garden.

5 Snacks I enjoy:
1. Peanut butter cup ice cream
2. Mint chocolate chip shakes
3. Chips and salsa and diet coke
4. Popcorn and diet coke
5. Crackers and cheese, jalepeno-stuffed green olives, and diet coke

5 Things I would Do if I were a Billionaire:
1. Pay off our house
2. Travel
3. Help the people I love
4. Start a program inner-city kids where they help work a farm during the summer
5. Hope my life didn't change that much

5 of my Bad Habits:
1. Popping my knuckles and my neck (gross I know)
2. Eating too much ice cream (I blame Mr. Wicke. He started it.)
3. Expressing my opinions too readily.
4. Staying up too late/not getting enough sleep
5. And expressing my opinions too readily.

5 Things I will Never Wear Again:
1. Big, permed hair
2. My Jr. Prom dress. A huge regret!
3. Acid-washed jeans
4. Jelly shoes
5. Neon anything

5 Favorite Toys:
1. TV/DVR
2. Swimming pool
3. I-pod
4. Computer
5. Books, books, books (is that a toy?)

6 People I Tag:
1. Amber
2. Megan
3. Katie
4 Madame Queen
5. Rochelle
6. Full Hands Mom

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow!!

Ive never been tagged before-Im so excited!

And btw I love your favorite snack list...chips and salsa will definitely be making my list as well..

Have fun on your date!

Megan B said...

What does it mean to be tagged?

Madame Queen said...

Yay! I'm tagged. Now I don't have to think of anything either!!

This is going to be fun!

Madame Queen said...

I meant to say earlier that your job 10 years ago sounds like a great job. And you must have been really good at it based on the comments from your students that you shared with us previously.

Rochelleht said...

I did it!

Laurel, I see you were doing plays 10 years ago. I was a theater major in college. I actually graduated with an English Lit degree, but the 1st three years were spent in the drama department.

And let's see... It's been at LEAST 10 years since I did a play!

Melissa said...

Thanks Laurel!

Laurel said...

Megan! You are my techie, pop-culture friend! What do you mean, "What does it mean to be tagged?" It's like "Your it! Your turn!" See now you have to answer the same questions on your blog. Yes, you HAVE to. And don't be a party pooper.