Friday, October 12, 2007

Ladies Unite!!!

It's time to do something! Did you read my post about Mudflap Girl? If you want a prime example of that subtle sexual messaging of our young girls just take a drive through McDonalds. Madame Queen did. Read her post about it here.

I couldn't agree with her more, and I think we need to send a message. It's time to write a letter or two, ladies. We need to express our disgust and our outrage. We need to lend our voice to the protection of our baby girls who do not need to feed on the overt sexual garbage that is fed to them.

Will you do it? I'll try to find the appropriate addresses and post them, and then let's write. And let's get our friends to write. What let's not do is accept it. No! Let's stand strong and shout into the wind.

My 5 year old does not need to bring sexy back. Does yours?

8 comments:

Madame Queen said...

I'll look for the addresses and post them tomorrow. Let's try to spread the word!

Rochelleht said...

I don't even need to go to that link to know what it was about (although I will)! I took Grace and her two friends to McD's yesterday and as I was opening their packages of Barbies, I was appaled! I had to tell the girls that we wear clothes on our tummies when I gave them to them. GRRRR! We have the skating girl whose skirt is short, she's in a mid-drift baring top and she's striking a very inappropriate pose.

I'm all for a writing campaign. I was crafting a letter in my head as I sat at McD's and they played with their mini-whores.

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Mini-whores is a perfect way to describe this one. I'm soooo afraid of what this world is coming to. Like the T-shirts little girls wear with nasty sayings. What kind of mom...

I agree the only way to beat the problem is to face it head on. They won't know anyone is opposed if we don't let them know. So bring on the info and we'll get the letters going!

Melissa said...

I have sounded off to Mcdonalds! I am soooo with you on this one.

Rochelleht said...

I blogged about this, too today. I couldn't help myself. AND, I got my first semi-rude anonymous comment! Cool, huh?

Madame Queen said...

I wrote my letter today. I also found out the name of the Vice President for marketing and I addressed it directly to her. Yes, she is FEMALE. Her name is Mary Dillon and she is the Exec. Vice President, Global Chief Marketing Officer.

Lisa-Marie said...

I was reading Rochelle's blog about this very topic last night. I happened to glance down and low and behold right next to me on the desk, YES, the same scantly clad skating doll. I couldn't believe it. My in-laws took the kiddos to McD's while I was gone. I am on the bandwagon with you!!! I'll post a blog as well to spread the word! YICK!

Chris said...

Wait, wait, wait. Where were you guys when the Ken doll was objectifying men? We are not just pieces of meat over here (even if we are all man)...