Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Logan's Glamour Shots

My Logan is a beautiful girl, but she has a history of taking really bad pictures. Her school photo last year was, quite literally, laugh out loud funny. That photographer captured a look that I have never seen before or since, and there was only one way to describe it--very special. It was if she had a sudden attack of Bell's Palsy and was only able to smile with half of her mouth; her eyes communicated a bad mix of apprehension and confusion as if she might be sick any moment, and her head was tragically heavier on the left side, causing an unusual tilt. Sadly, that was the picture that was used on everything. The yearbook, of course, my mother's day present, the class autograph page, the rememberance book...well, it just went on and on. She'll be very proud one day I am sure.

This year was better. She was determined not to repeat the "bad smile" as she called it, and according to her, this time around, she was trying to look "talented." I guess that translates to "a little stiff." But she must have been pleased because while looking at them on the way home from school she said, "Am I really that cute?"

Oh, to be five again. The world looks pretty good from that perspective.

6 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

ha! Im laughing out loud! that is soo funny, come on lets see the pictures...scan them, do what you gotta do so we can see them!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

by the way, she is beautiful!

Madame Queen said...

That is hilarious. I wish I could recapture some of that self confidence! And here's hoping she never loses it!

Rochelleht said...

That is hilarious!! I love it! I do that sometimes. I look at pictures and think, "that camera was TOO nice to me! I KNOW I don't look that good, but I'm not going to complain!!"

Lauren said...

My daughter does the same thing! How do you teach them to smile like they are really happy instead of trying to show as many teeth as possible??

1blueshi1 said...

wouldn't it be nice to have positive thoughts when we look in the bathroom mirror after washing our hands?