Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What? This Old Thing?

As a new kindergartner Logan is experiencing the thrill of receiving invitations to many birthday parties. The social life has begun, but she's taking it all in stride.

Last week after going through her school folder and reading the latest invite, I said excitedly, "Logan! You get to go to a birthday party at Peter Piper Pizza next Saturday!" knowing that she would be over the moon. As I have said before, my children have a fondness for Peter Piper Pizza.

But she surprised me with this: "Yeah..." A little ho hum about the whole thing if you ask me.

"What's wrong? You love Peter Piper Pizza."

"I guess I was looking for...more excitement...like...miniature golf or something."

See, we've ruined her forever. After surviving Griffin's fourth birthday, everything else dulls in comparison.

4 comments:

Madame Queen said...

I don't know about you, but I'm not sure I could take THAT much excitement again! ;)

Rochelleht said...

Wow, you really shot your self in the foot on that one. In more ways than one.

Megan B said...

I totally agree with Logan. I mean really WHAT could be more exciting that poopy pants miniature golfing?

Amber said...

Isn't it great the things what sticks out in their minds as "the best time ever?" And why are they not what we call, "the best time ever?"