Monday, October 29, 2007

Best Snickerdoodle Cookies I've ever Eaten

Tonight for Family Home Evening we made snickerdoodles, and I mean to tell you this recipe from my friend Julia rocks! Coming from me, that is really saying a lot because, usually, as far as I'm concerned, if it is not a chocolate chip cookie, it is not a cookie worth putting in my mouth. But these...well, they make the list for sure. Yummy! Here's the recipe. I bet you can't eat just one...or is that just me?

1 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2-3 c. flour

Cream the butter, sugar, and eggs. Mix in cream of tartar, baking soda, vanilla, and salt, then mix in flour. Start with 2 1/2 c., but I usually add about 1/4 c. more to get the dough a little stiffer. However, it should still be somewhat soft; don't get carried away. Form a teaspoonful into ball and roll in sugar and cinnamon. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Do not flatten cookies. They will spread out as they bake. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

8 comments:

Madame Queen said...

Ooh, those look yummy. Maybe the kids and I can make them this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

1blueshi1 said...

mmmm, those sound/look delicious! always on the lookout for new recipes, thanks!

Amanda said...

See, as far as I'm concerned, if it's not a Snickerdoodle, it's not worth putting in my mouth! I just love them. We used to make them as kids on a regular basis. Snickerdoodles always remind me of my childhood.

Lisa-Marie said...

And i just love treats that you have everything already in your cupboard for. That makes them even yummier!

I'm giving them a try!

JoJo said...

I am going to try those... they look dang good...

Thanks for sharing!

Kate said...

I totally agree with the chocolate chip cookie comment.. I will have to try it.. and if you are talking about the Julia I know- she is a great cook! (Thanks for your cash advice on my blog.. I will probably start doing that!)

Anonymous said...

I can always use new recipes...I guess I'll have to sacrifice the calories to try this one out. It looks delicious!

Caleb and Courtney said...

These are so yummy! This is our new official Snickerdoodle recipe that we go by and tell others about. Thanks!