Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I think Girls are Born with It

While doing Logan's hair today (a lot of interesting conversations happen while doing hair) I said, "What the heck are we going to do with two whole weeks out of school?!"

Her reply came way too easily. "We could go shopping for Griffin's present," she said.

"Yeah, we need to do that."

"...Or we could just go shopping for fun. Or we could go shopping for clothes 'cause I need some new clothes."

"Okay there, Big Spender! So you're saying you might want to go shopping?"

And I know what you're thinking, but I swear, I'm not really a big shopper. I think she was born with the girl gene, that's all. It's a well known anthropoligical fact: Men, hunter-gatherers; women, shoppers. She can't help it.

7 comments:

Erin said...

I had Campbell with me when we went to find a dress for me. She told me "but I don't like dresses" and I pointed out it was for me. Then she was all "oh, look at this beautiful one, do you like it? This one has so many colors, do you like the colors?" She surprised me with her enthusiasm for shopping, once it wasn't for her;)

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I love it!! Shopping is in my bones, and Natalie is right there with me. Just think of all the sales after Christmas. I'm sure you will have a blast;);)

Debbie said...

I'll take her!!! :) I"m sure i'll be going anyway..that shopping gene is strong in me too :)

Taresa said...

I think most girls were born to shop...I use to love to shop, but now that I'm older I really don't like it, so you do have hope.

It's been fun reading your blog Laurel...you can check mine out at www.taresadilworth.blogsot.com

Aubrey said...

That's funny.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I have missed a few days worth of posts and I had to tell you that we all had those moments when as happy as we were to be carrying life in our bodies that it really did a number on our psychi. I went on bed rest the 5th month with my first pregnancy and that about did me in. All your symptoms were mine and I ended up living in a mumu for the rest of the pregnancy. It was a dark dark time and when my daughter was born it was such a moment of intense joy, to be just me again, I cried for the rest of the day. Hang in there, this too shall pass and what a great guy to have. I think this time is most scary for our sweet husbands they never know what is lurking behind the door, okay wife or hormone crazed lunatic!!! Merry Christmas!!♥

The Motherboard said...

Funny. My daughter told me that we have to go shopping more to be a forever family.


Apparently shopping is the key to families are forever.

Who knew?