Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Believe

This morning, as I stumbled bloggy and bleary-eyed out of the bathroom, I beheld the familiar sight of little Griffin in his makeshift bed on the floor next to ours. He smiled.

"Good morning, sweetheart."

"Do I go to school today?" he asked.

"No. Today is Christmas Eve. That means tomorrow is Christmas!" I watched as his eyes lit up the way they can only in children. His face glowed from the inside out.

"That means Santa is coming tonight. And I get to ride in his sleigh."

"Wow! You think so, huh?"

"I don't think. I AM!"

May the magic of Christmas give us all such faith, and the birth of Christ all such hope. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

What a sweet boy. I hope all his dreams come true, and that the magic of Christmas last with him forever;) Have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

Amanda said...

Merry Christmas! :)
It's nice to know others have those makeshift beds on the floor as well.