Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Compliments to the Chef

The other day, as Griffin ate the lunch I had prepared him, he said, "Mom, you should be a cooker when you grow up."

"Really?" I responded.

"Yeah. You're a really good cooker."

"Why, thank you! What a nice thing to say."

"You're welcome. I really like the things you cook."

"What's your favorite thing I make."

"Hmm..." After giving it long, serious thought he concluded, "I like the pot pies and pizza."

It sounds good, except for the fact that, of all the things I DO make, both of these come frozen. Yes, I can see my culinary career expand before my eyes. McDonald's here I come.

6 comments:

Rochelleht said...

You're gettin' no respect!

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

That is awesome! At least he is sweet enough to compliment AND you now know that frozen food doesn't taste to bad!

Heather Anderson said...

Laurel

It has been awhile:) I got you xmas card today. I love getting your card every year. Your photos are clever and cute and your husband's writing the best! It is fun to see your kids grow! Logan and Jeremiah still seem to have some similarities... Jeremiah loves the piano and reading too. I cannot believe how far they have come from those little playdates. Anyways, after getting your card I thought it would be fun to check out your blog... and it is! I love it! I have a blog too and think it would be a fun way to keep in touch. Mine is private.. so if you would send me your email that would be great. Mine is andersonh21@yahoo.com.

Heather Anderson

Heather Anderson said...

If I remember right my family loved the meal you brought in when I was pregnant and I am pretty sure it wasn't frozen LOL

Kids say the cutest things

lletrad said...

I've got a funny story to match:

On a visit to my best friend's house this past summer, her children graciously declared that I was the best "toasterer" there ever was, because I made the best toast with butter. Now who can top such culinary talent?! Between the two of us, no one stands a chance!

From the looks of your past blogs, I can be quite sure your culinary skills exceed that of "can opener" and frozen foods.

Madame Queen said...

Bwahahahaha! Boy, kids really know how to get you don't they. I was about to ask you your secret to get your son to like something you made, and now I know -- buy it frozen! You'll have to tell me what brand though!