Monday, September 8, 2008

Mr. Wicke Thinks He's So Funny


The other day I struggled to get Griffin out the door, which is no small hurdle since he has normal four year old hearing impairment, but compounding the problem on this particular day was his poor attitude.

"Griffin, I've told you already: Go upstairs and get your shoes and socks. We need to go!"

He and his dark cloud walked around the corner where he uttered, "Fine! But I don't like you anyway!"

I looked to the kitchen where Mr. Wicke (a.k.a. my defender and hero) was standing at the counter quietly reading the newspaper. He hadn't even flinched.

"Uh, did you hear your son?"

"Yup."

"Well, do you think it's nice for him to talk to his mother like that?"

"No."

Well? Aren't you going to say something?"

Pause. "Umm...I like you?"

I'm a sucker for a guy who can make me laugh.

11 comments:

Erin said...

That is so Thomas! Hilarious!

Ashlee said...

So funny.

desert mom said...

Yep, that's my boy. So glad you're able to laugh at times like this.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

What a funny story!! Love reading your blog. Hey, do you ever hear from Bobbie Jo??

Madame Queen said...

Har har har! He's a real comedian, isn't he? Too funny!

Sher said...

Ha! that sounds exactly like something my hubby would say.

mother of seven said...

I like you too... Thomas is a hoot.

Lunch sometime?
anytime let me know....

Rochelleht said...

Nothing like a righteous defender. Sounds SO like my husband.

Deanna said...

I am convinced that we are lucky women and found the spouse we needed most in our life... mine too often reminds me that laughter is the best medicine and that not ALL battles are worth the fight.

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

LOLOLOL...do all Wicke boys say stuff like that. I was pouting the other day and Nathan just laughed at me and said that it was so cute that he couldn't tell me know. We laughed and I can't remember what I was pouting about!

Anonymous said...

Too cute.