Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just the Facts, Ma'am, 'Cause The Details are Killin' Us.

Here's a few headlines from the newspaper of my life:

Insomniac Grouchy After Sleepless Night

Nightly Heartburn Heats Up but Douses Romance

Pregnant Woman Accused of Caffeine Withdrawal by Own Mother While Suffering Hormonal Headaches

I'm only giving you the headlines because I am trying not to talk about this stuff. Especially since my 6 year old has taken to repeating phrases such as:

"I don't feel well."

"My stomach is upset."

"I think I might throw up."

Where is she getting this stuff, I wonder??? She has always had a tendency to take on the symptoms of those around her. Sometimes it's hard to tell whose pregnant around here, her or me.

But the following conversation really convinced me to put a lid on my whining. At dinner the other night Logan said, "My teacher doesn't believe me when I tell her I don't feel good."

"Hmm..." I answered. "Well, how often do you tell her that you are sick?"

"Oh...I'd say...a couple of times a day."

Uh, oh. Like I said, I think it's best to stick to the headlines.

8 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Logan doesn't read your blog, right? Then, you can complain HERE all you want!!!!

Hope you feel better every day. (Just a little maybe?!?!?!? I'm really crossing my fingers for you!)

Sher said...

I hope you get feeling better, soon!
I'm so glad its not me, and I'm done with that phase of my life (maybe)

Laurel said...

Thanks all! The good news is that I am feeling better. At least in regards to the nausea, and that, in my opinion, is the worst, so I'm glad that is pretty much over. I'm functioning pretty close to normal now, except for the naps.

And, you know, I can't complain too much because I've wanted to be pregnant for a very long time, and even on the bad days, I don't forget that.

It's just weird to feel like your body is so foreign all of a sudden!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I'm glad you are feeling better:) It's okay to take naps, I'm all for them Pregnant or NOT;)

Megan B said...

Love it. Cam started telling everyone, "I have a headache." Sounds familiar, Huh? Wish I could come clean your house like you did mine. And take your kids. And make you food (although the only thing you want to eat of mine are the ccc's I am sure). Miss you.

Shana said...

HEE,HEE,HEE! That's a good one. Logan sounds like Alyssa in that way.
Everything these days that I say, Alyssa looks at me and says, "Me too Momma!" It makes you be a little more careful that is for sure.
Glad you're feeling a little better.

XOXO

Rochelleht said...

Too funny! I still love your attitude. You did want to be preggers and are grateful, but that doesn't mean it's easy. It is a super weird experience, isn't it? Aren't you glad you get to share your "when I was pregnant" stories for the rest of your life? :-)

Amber said...

That is actually kind of funny, is she gaining weight too? They say the husband mimic's the wife well, in your case, maybe its Logan. My kids would answer the phone and if I wasn't sitting right next to them I(while pregnant) they would say, "She is barfing up."
Just remember its a short season. After this she will start nursing the baby to mimic you.
I hear you are feeling a bit better, I am soooo glad. And, that your coming next week?? Great!