Friday, June 20, 2008

Waiting

Okay, I know I said Wednesday, and now it is Friday, but have you ever had to just recover? That's what I've been doing. And I don't feel so good, my friends. Better today, but--well I will spare you the details, (See? I can practice self-restraint sometimes.) but suffice it to say that it's taking a while for things to return to normal. So we wait.

By next Friday I should know whether or not I am pregnant. Until then I try not to think about it much. I'm trying to be Switzerland and totally neutral on the topic. Like this: If it happens, great. If it doesn't, fine. We'll try a couple more times, and if it doesn't happen then we know we're done. Move on! Next stage of life, here we come.

That is a really good philosophy.

We will see if reality will play out accordingly. I hope I can be that healthy. It's hard to know how I'll feel.

Infertility is full of a lot of great lessons, the premiere of which is that control is not an option. The next is that we should make plans but then play the cards we're dealt. And finally we've learned that the end may turn out to be different than we expected but can still be just as happy.

So, we wait...and we wonder. The future is a glass through which we see darkly. We wait...and we trust.

14 comments:

Madame Queen said...

You take all the time you need to recover!

And whatever happens, we'll still be here, too. :)

Deanna said...

I've often returned from a vacation...or having company and said I need a vacation to recooperate from my vaction!!!! I totally understand.
My thought and prayers are with you. Wish I was there to take you to lunch or a spa day or just a diet coke kegger!! ha ha love you and thinking about you.and sending happy thoughts your way.

Sara said...

I am doing some wishing and hoping for you across the road!

Deanna said...

P.S. You have an open invitaion to come and visit ANYTIME. And jetblue has cheap flights right now. If it helps we'll be at my paents in vegas July 22-25th if that's a shorter trip. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see you.

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh, laurel. I can't say that I understand how you are feeling right now, cause I don't. I can say this though. You are an inspiration. I know you don't want to be. You are just doing what you have to to survive with some sanity left right now. But, really. You are amazing. I hope you will continue to feel peace until you know.

Shana said...

I LOVE YOU!!! XOXOXO

Pam said...

You are amazing and have a great attitude. I'll keep you in my prayers.

1blueshi1 said...

I hope that everything is percolating away for you just the way that it should...best wishes & fingers crossed! I can't even imagine what a difficult burden this must be to bear, and I don't want to say (comment?) the wrong thing.
I know that you believe in God, and I was taught in church, growing up, that the Lord brings all things together for good, even when our visions do not encompass the big picture.
I am believing that for you, right now, that God will make this good for you.

Sarah said...

I am so happy for you! I'll be excited to hear your news. Isn't waiting the worst! Let me know if you need anything. I make a daily diet coke fountain drink run and can pick you one up!!!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Sometimes the best thing in life is those that can carry/share the burden with you and bring you a Diet Coke!
I think that in life the hardest thing is to accept the Lords plan for us. Sometimes it makes no sense, but that is what gives us Faith to endure!!!
I will be praying for you!!!

mother of seven said...

Miss you too.... Crazy over your way I hear. Remember our conversation. Summers must be restful. I will bug you on Monday.

Kyle said...

I am not a very good "waiter" I kind of like things to happen NOW! So I sympathize with you...but hopefully you won't wait too much longer :)
You are a great person and I am happy for you for staying positive! Plus, I am glad you are posting all of this on your blog so I won't have to sit and wonder :)

Casey said...

You don't know me but I'm a friend of Jenn Kriloff. And I'm now addicted to your blog. I hope you don't mind. I've been through 13 years of infertility and just found out last week that I need to have a hysterectomy. We're trying to figure out what to do with frozen embryo's. But I thought that your summary of infertility was amazing and thanks for sharing. I hope the best for you. Good luck. And I will rejoice or cry with you which ever way this round turns out. Your friend in Idaho. Casey

Debbie said...

Trusting is the best thing you can do..Since I have learned that it's not in our hands..
Keep me posted!!