Friday, June 6, 2008

The Cat's Away Again...Call Me Mouse

Here's one thing I know: When Mr. Wicke is away, it is the perfect time to project, as you may remember. The reason why? Because I neither cook nor clean while he is gone, so that leaves plenty of time for getting some stuff done!

Yesterday I hung a shelf above our computer desk for our printer. I've been waiting for Mr. Wicke to get it done which hasn't happened, so I shall wait no longer! Drywall anchors, studfinders, levels, and electric drills got nothing on me, baby! (And so far the thing hasn't fallen down, so there!)

Today I will hang a curtain rod (another Mr. Wicke job) and I am toying around with starting a sewing project. Maybe you've heard how that goes...Please, somebody stop me!

8 comments:

Aubrey said...

Are you sure you want to hang the curtain rod by yourself? Remember my wonderful experience? Actually, I was cheating and trying to get out of using drywall anchors--clearly NOT the way to go. I need some tips from you on hanging things securely. We never did see results of the green-painted room...

The Kriloff Klan said...

Call me!!! Love to help with the sewing project & power tools are my forte!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

This time you have to show pictures. I agree with Aubrey, how did the green room turn out? I love remodeling projects.....when they are done.
So are you able to swim or are you freezing like we are? Utah in June is close to Utah in February/March, where did the sun go.................

Rochelleht said...

Oh, me too, me too! I sewed all week. Just blogged it, too. What else is that super hot weather for? Can't go outside, might as well put the kids in front of the tube and do some projects.

Elisa said...

Umm. When you get done doing all of Mr. Wickes honey do's, could please come do Jefe's?? I would gladly let you be my HONEY so that the DO list would get done!

Have a grand time clicking those suckers off!

1blueshi1 said...

ahhh...I still have decorative shelves leaning against my bedroom walls from when we moved in...over five years ago...must be nice to be able to get something done!

Shana said...

Yeah!!!Who needs a man around???
Well...maybe we do...but it is nice that we can get stuff done ourselves sometimes.
You go Handy Laurel Manny! Okay, I think I've been watching too many cartoons on the the Disney channel.

Amanda said...

Let me know when you are finished so I can give you my list of "Mr. Saggau" projects. lol!

You really should have your own show on HGTV by now!