Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wild Colts

I just started reading a biography of Abigail Adams, and already I am falling for her a little bit. You know that game where you can pick 5 people from history that you would like to meet? I think she might just make my list, and I would like to think that she and I would be friends.

Anyway, my first favorite quote came from her grandmother who said, "Wild colts make the best horses." For a mom with a couple of wild colts on her hands, that little piece of folksy wisdom gives me much hope. That's got to be all for now. I hear whinnying in the background.

5 comments:

mother of seven said...

I love to read the books your suggest!!!! Not a whole lot of time to read but I try to get a chapter or two in each night!!!

Rochelleht said...

My friend LOVED this book. I'll have to add it to my list. Yes, I tell myself that sort of thing about Grace all the time. I was wild just like her and look how great I am now?! HA!

Jen said...

So can I ask what the title is? I LOVE Abigail Adams too. And I see you've read one of Chris Bohjalian's books. His latest "Skeletons at the Feast" is terrific!!

Audrey said...

It is Phoebe's birthday today!!! And this quote really spoke to me. I have a Wild colt. Sometimes she needs a little taming...but not too much, that is what makes her spontaneous and FREE! Wish I could come over and throw mine into your barn for a bit. Miss you!

Hamilton Family said...

When I was in 5th grade I did an "autobiography" on Abigale Adams. We got to dress up as the person we were reporting on. I loved that project. She seemed like such an interesting person.

~Kaylin