Friday, May 22, 2009

VIP Event: The Zoo Tour

I don't mean to brag, but not long ago Mr. Wicke and I were invited to a private zoo.

Here is a picture of the entrance:


As it was a VIP event only, no one was allowed in without a specially designed ticket:


We saw all kinds of animals, including giraffes, zebras, monkeys, bears, birds and horses, but these two were the owner's favorites:



You can see how well cared for they were in their private quarters.

The tour ended with a trip to the gift shop where a wide variety of items was available for purchase.


I chose a book on "Big Cats" and enjoyed it immensely for five minutes before I was instructed to give it back so their supply would not be diminished. When I hesitated to return it on the grounds that it should be mine with the act of purchase, I was quietly instructed that I "should just pretend."

Hey, if you own a private zoo, you can run it any way you want, I guess.

4 comments:

Katelin said...

OK, for realls...i love this. Your kids are adorable! :)

Anonymous said...

Darling! I just love it when kids do fun things like that. It reminds me when Dylan was 6 and he would make me a store to shop in every day with paper money.

I miss those days. ;)

Rochelleht said...

Oh, my kids do that kind of stuff ALL the time. Too cute!!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog...you always bring a smile to my face! As always, great stories and great pictures!