Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's Time to Make the Donuts

I'd love to write an inventive, meaningful, or even funny post today, but I can not because, instead, I have decided to make doughnuts for our neighbors and friends.

I'm not sure why, but I've been wanting to make doughnuts for some time now. Admittedly it's an odd compulsion, but it's there nonetheless. However, when I made my list this morning of everyone I wanted to give a little something to, it occurred to me that I may have bitten off more than I can chew. That is the curse of the optimistic, isn't it?

I'll let you know how it goes.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Mmmm...doughnuts. Have fun today!

Lauren said...

1. I completely understand the desire to make doughnuts...I have wanted to ever since I read Farmer Boy as a child.
2. Can i please be one of your neighbors? And have some doughnuts?

Have fun...and post all about it!

Justin said...

I can't wait to try these! You would consider us your neighbors, right???

Justin said...

The last comment was really from Ashlee.... :)

Lisa-Marie said...

Do donuts ship well??!?!!

Please do let us know how it goes. Pictures too. And the recipe!?!?!

Laurel said...

Homemade donuts sound delish!! I wish I was your neighbor. :)

Rochelleht said...

Too funny, Laurel!! I just finished 18 necklaces over 2 days for teachers/helpers, etc. What was I thinking!!? And as for neighbor/friend gifts? We ended up giving 40. FORTY!! Add that to the 91 Christmas cards I made. I'm ready for a vacation. Good thing I'm getting one next week.

So, suffice it to say that I SO get you. And I love the old Dunkin' Doughnuts reference.

Madame Queen said...

Yummm, fresh, hot, doughnuts! You are superwoman! And your friends/neighbors are going to love you.

Let us know how it goes!