Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Forgetting Regrets

Something my kids said the other day was funny.  So funny that I thought, "I have to write that down on the blog."  But I didn't.  Because while they were being funny, they were also being a handful, and I was busy wiping them or wiping something they spilled.  Or picking something off of them or picking something they dropped.  Or cleaning them or cleaning up after them.  You get the picture.

And now I can't remember what they said.  As often as I try to scour that spot in my brain, scratching again and again at the place where that moment once sat, I can not recall it.  I can only remember that I found it incredibly funny.  And that makes me sad, that empty spot in my brain.  (And, by the way, nothing looks any cleaner around here than it did before.  That makes me sad, too, but in a different way.)

Oooh, I hope in heaven I get a DVD of all the highlights, along with a remote control so I can rewind and watch as many times as I want.  Over and over until I'm filled.  Until all those empty spots of great moments that I meant to remember, or forgot to take notice of in the first place, are fully recollected, fully appreciated, fully present. 

Until then, I'll just keep blogging.

Favorite quote of the day:

Griffin (in the back seat tying his new school shoes--his first pair of tie-on's ever.)  Ugh!  I can't do it.  I only got half of the bunny ear in the--hmph!  (Now with a bit of a whine in his voice.)  I only have two arms, and I need three 'cause I have to make two bunny ears and then I can't get the...rest...done!

Me:  I've felt like that a lot of times myself.

p.s.  School starts on Wednesday.  I'll be back to regular posting on Thursday.  That is if anyone is still there.  "Hello?  Is this thing on?"

7 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I wish I could remember things as well, and would love a DVD in heaven too;)
I love your post on San Diego...looks like a lot of fun. Hope all is going well, looks and sounds like you are just as busy as all of us. Enjoy the last day with your kids before they are off to school.

Laurel said...

still here.
still wishing we could go to lunch.

Shayne said...

This things on honey. I have missed you pouring stuff out of your crazy brain in to my crazy brain!

tawnya said...

Here!

Lisa-Marie said...

i'm back, now too. glad you're joining me.

i have so many holes and empty spots in my brain, it's not funny. i'm banking on the dvd in heaven as well.

Rochelleht said...

I'm here, I'm here! I think summer blogging has been pretty slow, but I keep reading and posting. I may be alone, but I was never one to follow the crowd. ;-)

Shana said...

I'm here. I'm definately here. Not many places a girl can go when she has a tiny newborn that wants to nurse every 2 hours! OUCH!
I've missed your funny posts. It makes my heart smile to read your blog.
XOXO!