Monday, July 26, 2010

Discoveries in San Diego

at Coronado

some things I learned/relearned about this kid:

he is a great traveler
he is curious
he will watch the same movie 13 times in a row
asking him not to spill is like asking the wind not to blow
he wants to know just about everything
he wants to tell anyone what he knows
he may be a little nervous at first, but once he gets the hang of it he's pretty fearless
he has no concept of time
he has no concept of money
he'll get grouchy before he realizes he's hungry
he loves crepes
he has a big heart
he loves me
and I really, really love him.

Feeding the bat rays at Sea World.  We spent two hours with them.  Not kidding.

More bat rays.

We're still there and still loving it!

Watching the polar bears.

In front of the USS Midway.

He loved the self-guided tour of the aircraft carrier.

More careful listening.

He was fascinated with the airplanes.  Grandpa Wicke (Col. USAF Ret.)  may have a pilot on his hands!

9 comments:

tawnya said...

I love seeing this city through someone who doesn't have the baggage about it I do! I THINK I may be to the point I can go back and not twitch. MAYBE.

Glad you had fun. Coronado is one of my favorite places on earth.

Shana said...

Cute Cute Cute! Looks like you two had a great time together.
I love that last picture of you and Grif together.

Stacey said...

You look fantastic!! Love his expressions. Wonderful photos to capture his intensity. Looks like a great time.

Kaylin said...

...He's getting so BIG!

I'm glad you guys had so much fun!

xoxox

Leandra said...

It looks like you got to spend some really great quality time with him. He sounds a lot like my son -- he's a little sponge and soaks up every little fact he comes across and then spews them out randomly to total strangers.

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful way to spend a weekend, and he will remember it always! It's a good reminder to me that it's important to find one-on-one time with each of my kids...I always learn something new when I do. You are such an amazing mom!

Erin said...

We just got back from San Diego too! Our boys also spent hours with the bat rays. I am not sure of the fascination.

Rochelleht said...

Oh you guys are SOOOO cute. He is just so adorable. What a fun thing to have a one on one vacay. I'm going to NYC in the fall with Jane and our friends. I'm excited.

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

What a fun trip! You both look so happy! Congratulations on the return in 1 piece.