Monday, October 19, 2009

A Dinosaur Party for Griffin

The party season has begun!  From October 1st through Christmas we are very busy here at The Tea Party Place.  Griffin's birthday is the kick off, followed by my own, then Halloween, then Logan's birthday, then Thanksgiving, and then Christmas.  Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it, so I try not to.  "Just one party at a time," that's my motto.

This one was a huge success.  The kids loved making their own dinosaur fossils out of salt dough and the archeological dig in the park for "dinosaur bones" was a blast.  Luckily for me they were selling a bag of bones at the halloween store.  Once I got Griffin to stop telling everyone I was burying "people bones" we were just fine.


Making Fossils


Party Hats


Digging for Dinosaur Bones

Now it's on to planning a Clue party for Logan. Since she loves mysteries--particularly Nancy Drew--I had the bright idea of basing the party off of the Clue board game. She's excited...now I just have to figure out how to do it.

7 comments:

Ella said...

Oooooo - I loved this entry, especially the part about burying people bones. Sometimes I wonder who has more fun with the birthday parties - the kids or us as their parents.

Rochelleht said...

You are so cute! What fun idea. I love that Griffin was telling people you are burying human bones. Such a great thing. HA HA HA!

Erin said...

Great ideas. I am going to have to try the salt dough for Campbell's birthday. She is going to be a T Rex for Halloween. We are all about dinosaurs around here.

Shana said...

SO CUTE!!! You and my sister Tam always do such cute parties for your kiddos.
I think Alyssa is just getting to the age where she would really appreciate and enjoy something along those lines. Before, I think I would have worked my butt off to make it so perfect and then my girls would haven't have known the difference.
Bella for instance, has her 2nd birthday coming in a couple of weeks. I am at a loss to what to do, and how much to do for her? My family is coming for that week, so I want it to be special for her.
Any ideas???

Erin said...

Cute birthday pictures! Great party idea -- dinosaurs.

Audrey said...

What a totally fun, totally boy party! So cool. The parties just get more elaborate as they get older. Since my Phoebe is just a tad bit behind your kids, now I can steal your fabulous ideas!!! Ha ha!

Kyle said...

how cute is this party?? what a fun idea! I will have to steal this idea sometime!