Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Christmas Shopping

It's that time of year again.  You know.  The one where moms begin to say, "I'm going to be done with my Christmas shopping by the end of November." 

I want so badly to be done by the end of November...I won't be done by the end of November...because I never am...but I want to be.

I also want to buy things that are unusual, or unique, or beautiful, or extraordinary.  Maybe something handmade and especially meaningful.  That means I've got to get started!  And I may need some inspiration.

So I think we ought to start sharing ideas, y'all.  If you have a great gift idea would you let me know?  I'd love to hear it.

This is what I ordered from Etsy last night:



These are coming for baby Lincoln.  You can see them here, and while you're there you should check out all of their other really cool stuff.  I love the jumping grasshopper.  Delightful!

I also ordered the patterns for these:




You know I hate to sew, and originally I thought I was buying the already made set; when I found out I was just buying a pattern, I still couldn't pass then up.  My kids will love telling the stories over and over. (If I get them finished, that is.  Cross the fingers for me, will ya'?)  If you're into sewing, or if you're like me and you will do it even though you hate it, you should check out this seller's inventory.  She has some amazing things.

And I haven't ordered one of these yet, but I'm really loving them.



Isn't that darling?  A brooch made from vintage zippers.  Clever!  I think I need one.  (Merry Christmas to me?)  The only problem will be choosing; they sell them in every color and design imaginable, and I love them all.  A lot.

Have you ever noticed that when you spend time shopping you find a lot of things out there that you didn't know you needed?  ...that's probably why I'm never done at the end of November. 

(Don't forget.  Show me some love and give me your great gift ideas!!)

4 comments:

Ella said...

You always sum up what all the rest of us are thinking. Thanks for the reminder that Christmas is just around the corner (like the snow didn't already do that for me). However, I've got two birthdays to do yet and the art adventure program at school to organize so I'll probably be doing good just to start shopping by the end of November :).

Stephanie said...

I ordered a bunch of these for teacher gifts...gave them last year too and I usually have a few on hand for birthday gifts. the price is right too! couldn't get a pic to post so here's the link.

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=19024972

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I love the wooden cars. They are so cute. I have started a little of my shopping but mostly for parents, and in-laws. I don't sew or make anything, so no creative ideas here. I think I need to ck out etsy;)

Laurel said...

um, is that the old lady who swallowed a fly? really?

I will pay you to make one for me...and then it will more than pay for the one you make.

come on.

you know it's a good deal! (grin)