Monday, February 2, 2009

Attacking the Blank


On Saturday I led a valiant charge against the "blankness" going on in my eyes. Remember that? To sum it up, it's just a general tired expression that I seem to be wearing every where I go--at least according the photographic evidence.

Here are the purchases that I am hoping will help:
1. Roc's intensive eye cream. It promises to clear up those pesky dark circles and nasty crow's feet in four weeks. Just in time for hospital pictures.

2. Roc's nightime facial cream. It's supposed to give me firmer younger looking skin in, again, just four weeks. Some of you may not recognize me by then.

And #3--the big winner and my personal favorite: a darker and pinker blush. I don't know if adding a bit more color to my cheeks is doing anything for my eyes, but it sure is helping my face! Who knew that one little change could make me feel so much better?

Sadly, however, I was too tired to put it on today. Oh, the irony.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! 4 weeks is all you have left...excited or scared?
I bet you look gorgeous no matter what!! (hang in there not much longer:)

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I know you look gorgeous no matter what. You have always been a beautiful person inside and out. These last four weeks will go fast.

Ashlee said...

If it makes you feel better, I have the same tired eye look and I am not pregnant, and I am sitting in Maui! I will let you know if a week vacation cures the eyes...

And I Agree with Kristy - you are gorgeous and we all know it. I do recommend you get a pedicure before you go to the hospital. I don't know why, but it made me feel better when I should have been embarrassed by my state during delivery, and I could look down and see my perfect toes. It was like I could not control so many things, but my toes, they looked good! Let's go together!!!

Audrey said...

Well, you are gorgeous...but no matter how we shower you with compliments, the reality of another human being taking residence inside your body remains. And it is a beautiful, crazy thing! So glad you found a little pick-me-up. Amazing what a little blush and mascara can do for us! People were so nice to tell me I was glowing when I was pregnant...yeah, I was glowing. I was sweating!!!

Deanna said...

Yeah for retail therapy!!! it never fails!
p.s. I think you look gorgeous no matter what... best of luck in the next few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Funny how we purchase things and think that they will make us feel 100% better but just like you stated, we don't even use them!
That cracks me up. I thought that I was the only one that did that.
Another ironic thing is, I bought a brand new pair of pants with tags on it from Ann Taylors from Savers. That other person did just that and I reaped the rewards! Its great. $2.99 compared to $74.995, yeah...I'm game.
Hope to see ya in a month...where are you having the baby at? We'll make it there!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Look at the countdown, have you cleaned the house from top to bottom with clorox yet? That last month is a wopper so take care of you!!!

I so want to send you something for the new little one, would you let me? I know you have no idea who this insame woman is but e-mail me and lets talk. I crochette baby blankets and would love to send you one. tshiner@gmail.com