Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Guess We're ALL Ready for Me to be Done

Logan: Wow! Your belly is HUGE!

Me: I know. It really is big, isn't it?

Logan: You know what? I like it better when you're not pregnant. You're softer.

Me: Oh... you mean you can sit on my lap easier?

Logan: No. You don't yell as much.

Me: (Oof! Silently recovering from the gigantic thwack of the guilt bat that just knocked the wind out of me.)

For the record and in my defense: This conversation took place in a bathroom stall at the movie theater where I took my children OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF MY AMAZINGLY GENEROUS HEART when what I really wanted to do was curl up on the couch and nurse my aches and pains, but whatever.

7 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

LOL, she is so funny. I think she has your wit;);)
Just for the record, I yell a lot too, and I'm not pregnant;)

Stacey said...

I think she sounds adorable...from the mouths of babes! :)
When my kids tell me I am yelling..I say, "No, I am not...I am just really passionate about this..." Works every time!
Cute story!

Anonymous said...

OK--I totally laughed out loud at my computer when I read this!! So funny. When the new baby comes, no one remembers the prego mom any more and its all about the cute little one!! (promise:)

Sher said...

Funny!Kids sure like to tell it like it is.
I'm waiting for my kids to tell me a time when I didn't yell as much.
Probably before they were born.

Madame Queen said...

"But whatever" Hahahahaha!

Lately I've felt like a gorgon, so I know how you feel. Just wait til it's a baby doing all the yelling!

thearringtonclan said...

Oh Laurel.................. that is just too funny... Actually, we can hear you yelling even down to our house!!!! lol lol
Can't wait to see the new arrival....

Shana said...

Our kids are just so brutally honest with us aren't they!?
One day she will understand and you can remind her of that conversation and just smile and laugh at her. :)