Thursday, February 12, 2009

Small Things

Currently I'm reading "Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light" and I ran across this quote that has been tripping through my mind these last couple of days:

"Don't look for big things, just do small things with great love....The smaller the thing, the greater must be our love." --Mother Teresa

Isn't it true how we somehow "know" that we would be capable of the big things even though we often fail to prove ourselves trustworthy with the small things?

Truly I find that the small things are often the most difficult to do because they require so much consistency and effort for something that seems so very insignificant, and yet I am coming to know that it is the small things, done dutifully over the passage of time, that render our hearts worthy, that make the difference in our families, and create the pattern of our lives. What better place to put great love?

4 comments:

Shana said...

Hi Laurel!
I LOVE that quote! How very true that is. I think every mother can relate to that quote on a very deep level.

Speaking of mothers-you are SO close to your "labor day!" I'm so excited and happy for you!

XOXO!

Rochelleht said...

Brilliant!

Debbie said...

Whoa! 21 days left? Your getting so close! Are you nervous about giving birth?!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said. Ummm...I just caught sight of your little baby widget...18 days!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! I am so excited for you.