Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mr. Wicke: Exposed

My niece, Shana, tagged me awhile back. Here's the low down on Mr. Wicke.

1. Where did you meet your husband? At an opening social at the LDS Institute at the University of Wyoming. I ended up sitting by him while playing Uno. Yes. Very romantic.


2. How long did you date? Not long at all. As they say in When Harry Met Sally: "I knew. I knew like you know about a good melon." But it's true. I just knew. The first night I met him, I was like, "This could be the guy." So we dated two months before he proposed, and we were married 6 months later. Whirlwind style.


3. How long have you been married? It will be 16 years on April 10. Holy cow!


4. What does he do that surprises you? He's great with surprises. He has surprised me with gifts, trips, massages, little getaways, flowers for no reason at all. I have to admit, he is very, very romantic and incredibly thoughtful. But he's also quite a prankster. He loves practical jokes. I have fallen victim to many of those suprises as well.


5. What is your favorite feature of his? Well, I'm torn. It's got to be either his very kind eyes or his bulging muscles. I'll tell you what. I'll take both. Gladly.


6. What is his best quality? His kindness. It's what I first noticed about him. He is a gentle spirit. And his work ethic. The guy just doesn't quit.


7. Does he have a nick name for you? Probably sweetheart. Once when we hit a patch of ice late at night in Wyoming and did a couple of 360's off of the road, I woke to hear him yelling, "Swwweeeetheeeaaaarrt!" Now me? I would have cursed, but I don't have his gentle spirit.


8. What is his favorite food? Ice cream. Seriously, he has a problem. We have probably 6 half gallons in the freezer at one time, and I never buy it. Never. But now, unfortunately, I eat it.


9. What is his favorite sport? Wrestling or football. He loves both. But really? Professional wrestling doesn't do the sport justice so it's not like he can follow it. But we do watch a lot of football together during the season. His Vikings always break his heart. Poor guy.


10.When and where was your first kiss? In my apartment very late one night after we had watched movies. I think it happened before our first "official" date. Hey, like I said, I just knew, and I had to trap him somehow!

To be continued...

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I remember your first kiss! Well, I wasn't there, but you told me about it right afterwards...was that really 16 years ago? What a blessing to see a good friend grow in love!

Rochelleht said...

FUN! I love reading that stuff!

Leandra said...

Fascinating!!

Your "Sweeeetheaaart" story reminded me of a funny story. In college my boyfriend and I were driving late one night and I spotted a deer on the side of the road. "Deer! Deer!" I said. "Yes, darling?" he replied. When he realized what I was trying to tell him we both got so hysterical laughing that we had to pull over.

Lisa-Marie said...

Oooooh. I just love "romantic, how we met, I'm so in love with this guy," kind of stuff!! Keep it comin.

And keep eating the ice cream and 12 candy bars. You deserve it!

Elisa said...

That is very sweet!

Anonymous said...

I remember those early days of Laurel and Thomas. I remember thinking..."How amazingly wonderful they are...It isn't fair!" Seriously, I was that envious. I also remember you getting ready for the date that turned out to be your engagement! ahhhh...it is great to see that your love has continued to blossom and that you are passing that on to your children. What a beautiful example of respect, compassion, and love!