Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mr. Wicke: Exposed part II

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Honestly, doing anything with him is better. But special stuff? Probably traveling. He's a perfect traveling companion for me. We love seeing new things, but neither of us likes things too scheduled. And apparently house renovations, since this is our fourth endeavor together. The other thing that comes to mind is really simple, but so integral to our relationship. When we met, we would spend hours just talking, sharing ideas and personal philosophies, and analyzing human nature, society, and our place in it. I find his brain really sexy. Still do. And we still talk about all that stuff.


12. Do you have children? 2 and one on the way. A girl, Logan, who is 7; a boy, Griffin, who is 5; and a boy in the tummy we are planning to call Lincoln. They really are our miracles. We spent almost 10 years together before we were able to start our family, so we were really, really ready to take on the adventure of parenthood.


13. Does he have hidden talents? He's super handy. Well, now he's super handy. Since we've fixed up four houses together, he's learned to do a lot of stuff around the house: drywall, plastering, laying floors, installing electrical, minor plumbing, and general handyman stuff. I'm always amazed at what he is able to learn and accomplish.


14. How old is he? 38. But he has the body of a 29 year old. :0)


15. Who said I love you first? I don't remember. Isn't that weird? I'll have to ask him if he does. But I do remember the first time he almost said it. It was really, really early on in our dating relationship, and I was dropping him off for a class. I pulled up to the curb and as he gathered his books and whatnot and hopped out he said, "Thanks. I lo--I'll see you later?" I remember my head spinning in his direction, that moment of "What was he going to say?!" He was smiling, laughing at himself. We both ignored it, but I thought about it all the way home, smiling. I knew. I knew he loved me.


16. His favorite music? Something weird and techno. Or something totally old school like Motown. Or even older school like big band. Or something Australian played on the didgeridoo. I'm not kidding. His taste is the most eclectic I've ever seen. But it rarely includes anything you would hear on top 40.


17. What do you admire most about him? The list is too long. He's the best man I know. But I'll tell you why I married him, and although my brother thinks this is the worst thing to say to a man, it's the truth: I married him because he makes me feel safe. He was the first man, besides my father, that I completely trusted. I trusted his word; I trusted his action. He was, and is, a stand up guy. He'll always do the right thing, and he will always take care of us.


18. What is his favorite color? I don't think he really has a favorite. If he had to say one, it would probably be something peaceful like blue.


19. Will he read this? Yes. I already told him I wrote all about him, and I won't let it rest until he tells me if I got some of the answers right.

20. Who do you tag? Anyone who wants to play. Consider yourself tagged.

8 comments:

Rochelleht said...

I am DYING at the cuteness. DIE-ing!! Seriously, I can't get past that adorable wedding picture. I love it!!!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

That is a great picture and I love this two-part post. What a great tribute to your other half, the one that completes you. I also love the melon comment, I got that one.

I think I will have to steal this one, what a great thing for all of us the do and remind us that we have some really awesome hubbys'.

Jen said...

I have a nephew named Lincoln! LOVE the name! Congratulations.

Audrey said...

Okay, I'm playing! I have been tagged before and not responded, but this will be fun. Thanks for sharing. The wedding photo is beautiful.

Shana said...

Awwww...gotta love Mr Wicke! :)

Melissa said...

Love the photo! You did good!

Sher said...

Laurel, you gusy are such a BEAUTIFUL couple! I love reading these kind of posts. C's birthday is coming up, so maybe I'll copy you.

Ashlee said...

Fun post Laurel and I love the name Lincoln. It was on our list too! I am glad someone I love will use it! PS...I get to see Nora tonight! :)