Friday, August 5, 2011

Love Tour 2011

That's what I've decided to call our almost four week trip this year because it was full of just about everything I love.  People, places, things...love, love, love.  I saw old and dear friends, the kind of friends (as one described it) that you want at your deathbed.  The kind of friends that make you feel right with the world. 

And then we saw family.  ALL of my siblings, in fact, which is no small thing.  I think the last time we were all together at the very same time was about 18 years ago.  At long last my mother will have a picture with all of her children.  See?  Dreams do come true!

Then finally Mr. Wicke joined us, and our little nuclear family was complete to make the trip home.  Love that guy!  We ate giant ice creams, saw ice caves, rode in big trucks, played at a water park, saw the Harry Potter movie, rode horses, hiked, swam, biked, and played.

And believe it or not, I was not ready to come home.  That's how much I loved our vacation this year:  Love Tour 2011.  Details coming.

No comments: