Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ugh for Two Different Reasons

Monday Morning:

Me:  Griffin!  Go get dressed.  You are going to be late.

Griffin:  (dawdling)

Me:  Griffin.  Go get dressed!

Griffin:  (distracted by something shiny)

Me:  Griffin!  I swear, if I have to tell you one more time!  Go--get--dressed!

Griffin:  (disappears into his room)

(Much time passes.)

Me:  Griffin?

(silence)

Me:  Griffin!

(silence)

Me:  (yelling downstairs)  Is Griffin down there?

Griffin:  (Walks out of his bedroom--completely naked.)  Sorry I didn't answer you.

Me:  Griffin!  What have you been doing?

Griffin:  Getting dressed.

Me:  (Walking him back into his bedroom.)  No, you haven't.  I've told you a million times to get dressed and you're still naked.  What is taking so long?!

Griffin:  (pointing with wide eyes.)  This book.

Monday Night:

Logan:  Mom?  Did you ever have a crush on someone when you were my age?

Me:  Oh, sure.

Logan:  Who?

Me:  Rod Winland.

Logan:  Was he a nice boy?

Me:  Of course.  He was my very good friend.  We even shared the same birthday.

Logan:  Why didn't you marry him?

Me:  Well, he moved away and went to a different school, and things were different when we got older, you know.

Logan:  Oh...well, if I had a crush on a boy would you help me know how to get him to like me?

Me:  (gulp)

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Ha! That was funny. My Mr. Destructo thinks that being in his underwear IS dressed, so, Griffin was almost done.

I think I'm lucky my daughter's not too into boys so far--yours is too smart. :)

Shana said...

Laurel- I never would have guessed you and Rod. Hmmmm!? Still trying to get passed that.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I am laughing, so cute those kids are!! Oh, and Rod Winland, never knew..lol!

Deanna said...

I love it. I think every family has to have a dawdler. I love your conversation with Logan. How cute is she... so the real question is are you helping her?